Site Map | Accessibility | Contact | FAQs

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home / Departments / Municipal Court / Municipal Court FAQs

Municipal Court FAQs

Payment of Fines & Court Costs

If you have been charged with a violation that does not have a mandatory court appearance, you have the option to pay the fines and court cost listed on your citation prior to the appearance date.

Court Costs are required to be paid on all citations regardless of if you choose to appear in court.

Payments can be mailed to the City of Greensburg Municipal Court or paid online at

Payment Arrangements can be made with the Municipal Court Clerk.

Right To Trial

If you wish to contest the violation(s) you have been charged with, you may appear in court on the date and time listed on your citation.

All traffic trials will be a bench trial before the Honorable Municipal Court Judge. In most cases, traffic charges are not eligible for court appointed attorneys.

No Proof of Insurance

If you have been issued a traffic citation for no proof of insurance, and had active insurance at the time of the stop, you have ten days to provide it to the Court Clerk. If you did not have insurance, you must appear in court.

Amendment Options

In Kansas many traffic citations are eligible to be amended into a non-moving violation, which could keep convictions from affecting your driving record and insurance premiums.  Not all traffic violations are eligible to be amended and your previous driving record can affect your eligibility. If you are interested in amendment information DO NOT PAY THE CITATION until you have discussed your citation with the City Prosecutor.

Clayton Kerbs

City of Greensburg Prosecutor

(620) 225-0238

Mandatory Court Appearance

If you have been issued a citation for a misdemeanor offense, you must appear in court on the date listed on your citation.

Failure To Comply

If you fail to comply with the traffic citation your driving privileges may be suspended and a warrant for your arrest may be issued.

View All FAQs