Fromme-Birney Round Barn
Built in 1912 to house draft horses, this 16 sided barn is one of the 8 Wonders of Kansas Architecture and on the National Register of Historic Places. The barn stands 50 ft. tall and 70 ft. in diameter. A sixteen sided granary stands in the center of the barn on the first floor, with fourteen trapezoidal stalls lining the exterior wall of the first floor. The two level haymow is covered with tongue in groove pine boards. Originally the barn was white with a green roof. It stands out for miles and served as a landmark for training WWII bomber navigators.
Visitors are welcome to tour the barn located 3.5 miles south and 1.75 miles west of Mullinville.