5 Ways We Put the "Green" in Greensburg
- Greensburg is home to the most LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) buildings per capita in the U.S.
- We are the first city in the U.S. to use all LED streetlights.
- Greensburg is 100% renewable, 100% of the time. All of the electricity used in the City of Greensburg is wind energy.
- Water is a very precious resource and we conserve every drop with low flow fixtures and native plantings in our landscaping. We also collect rainwater for use in irrigation and in some facilities, as grey water in toilets.
- Greensburg has single stream curbside recycling.
- And more!