Residential Building Permits
Before Doing Anything
- Visit or contact the Building and Codes Department for preliminary information on planning, zoning, and building codes. Building & Codes: (620) 723-4109
- For all utilities contact Mick Kendall, City of Greensburg, (620) 723-2751 or (620) 723-2691.
Who can make application?
The owner of the property or a Registered Contractor can make application.
Ask about available building incentives!
- Site Plan (2 copies) The site plan should include the following information: the size and location of new construction and existing structures on the site, distances from lot lines, existing septic tank and laterals on the site, and utilities connections.
- An accurate boundary line survey.
- 2 Sets of complete construction plans showing front, side, and rear elevations, framing details, floor plans, and footing & foundation plans.
- Any non-conventional and unusual construction design shall be designed and sealed by a Licensed Design Professional registered in the State of Kansas. For example, Steel Framed Construction, Pole-Barn, Post Framed Construction, Log Home, Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) Construction, Straw Bale Construction, etc.
- Foundation wall shall meet standard detail Appendix A or be designed and sealed by a licensed design professional registered in the State of Kansas.
- MODULAR HOME – A Plant Certification Letter showing plant quality control procedures and the third party inspection process must accompany the plans on all Modular Homes.
A Zoning, Flood, and Plan Review will be completed for each submittal. All applicable fees will be paid prior to a permit being issued. You will be called when your permit is ready. No permit will be issued without all required information.
Greensburg Building & Codes
300 S. Main - Greensburg, KS 67054
(620) 723-4109 Fax (620) 723-4101