Commercial Building Permits
Before Doing Anything
- Visit or contact the Building and Codes Department for preliminary information on planning, zoning, and building codes. Building & Codes: (620) 723-4109
- For all utilities contact Mick Kendall, City of Greensburg, (620) 723-2751 or (620) 723-2691.
Who can make application?
The owner of the property or a Registered Contractor can make application.
Ask about available building incentives!
BY STATE LAW, ALL SUBMITTALS SHALL BE SEALED AND SIGNED BY A LICENSED DESIGN PROFESSIONAL REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF KANSAS.
- Site Plan (3 copies) The site plan should include the following information but not limited to:
to scale the size and location of new construction and existing structures on the site, distances from lot lines, the established street grades and the proposed finished grades; and it shall be drawn in accordance with an accurate boundary line survey.
- Three sets of complete Construction Plans (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection). Code analysis sheets shall be included with submitted construction plans. Two copies of the project specifications must be submitted with the construction plans.
- All sub-contractor forms, completed by a licensee or permittee.
- Completed Permit Application form.
- Fees: See Current Fee Schedule (Effective 6/1/09)
A Zoning, Flood, and Plan Review will be completed for each submittal. All applicable fees will be paid prior to a permit being issued. No permit will be issued without all required information.
City of Greensburg – Building & Codes
300 S. Main - Greensburg, KS 67054
(620) 723-4109 Fax (620) 723-2644