Site Map | Accessibility | Contact | FAQs

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Departments Building & Codes Department Contractor Registration

Contractor Registration Checklist

Who Needs To Register?

  • General Contractors
  • Builders
  • Residential Contractors
  • Masons
  • Roofers
  • Building Movers
  • Wind Turbine Installers
  • Electricians
  • Plumbers
  • Mechanical
  • Well/Lawn Sprinkler Services
  • Fire Protection
  • Sign Hangers
  • Any One Who Holds A License

Required Documents

  • Completed Application (see attached)
  • Fee
    • $100 – New Registration
    • $75 – Annual Renewal (June of each year)
  • Copy of other City/County Licenses (If not available please provide job references)
  • Corporate Surety Bond (Does not include well/lawn sprinkler services)
    • $5,000
  • Liability Insurance (Does not include well/lawn sprinkler services)
    • $100,000-death or injury one person
    • $300,000-death or injury of any number of persons in any one accident
    • $50,000-property damage in any one accident

Things You Should Know

  • Contractors are responsible for proper termination of sewer, water, electric and gas lines.
  • Fees: The City has adopted a new Fee Schedule. Please ask someone form Building and Codes for the fees that pertain to your project. All applicable fees will be paid prior to a permit being issued.
  • Do not drive heavy equipment down city streets.
  • Ask about building incentives that are available.
  • Kansas Sales Tax Number
    • Contractors are required to have a Kansas Sales Tax Number. Contact the Kansas Department of Revenue, (785) 368-8222, You do not need to submit this number to our office.

If you have questions please contact:


Greensburg Building & Codes

300 S. Main, Greensburg, KS 67054
620-723-4101 (fax)

19.6mph North