Contractor Registration Checklist
Who Needs To Register?
- General Contractors
- Residential Contractors
- Building Movers
- Wind Turbine Installers
- Well/Lawn Sprinkler Services
- Fire Protection
- Sign Hangers
- Any One Who Holds A License
- Completed Application (see attached)
- $100 – New Registration
- $75 – Annual Renewal (June of each year)
- Copy of other City/County Licenses (If not available please provide job references)
- Corporate Surety Bond (Does not include well/lawn sprinkler services)
- Liability Insurance (Does not include well/lawn sprinkler services)
- $100,000-death or injury one person
- $300,000-death or injury of any number of persons in any one accident
- $50,000-property damage in any one accident
Things You Should Know
- Contractors are responsible for proper termination of sewer, water, electric and gas lines.
- Fees: The City has adopted a new Fee Schedule. Please ask someone form Building and Codes for the fees that pertain to your project. All applicable fees will be paid prior to a permit being issued.
- Do not drive heavy equipment down city streets.
- Ask about building incentives that are available.
- Kansas Sales Tax Number
- Contractors are required to have a Kansas Sales Tax Number. Contact the Kansas Department of Revenue, (785) 368-8222, www.ksrevenue.org. You do not need to submit this number to our office.
If you have questions please contact:
Greensburg Building & Codes
300 S. Main, Greensburg, KS 67054